Monday, May 12, 2008

Initial Post

Well, since all my kids are doing this I thought I might as well joint the group. I think it will be a good way to keep a journal. If I learn to insert pictures, you'll know I've arrived.

Yesterday was Mother's Day. It was one of the nicest days we have had in a long time. Saturday Mom, Holly, Heather, Tammy, Summer, Cameron and I met at the Olive Garden. The food was delicious but the service was terrible. Mom gave each of us some hand cream and I gave the girls a little momento. We had a really nice visit.

Sunday, Chris gave a talk in Sacrament meeting in his ward so I went to listen and sit with this children. Of course, he did a wonderful job. After church, all the kids except Stormi's family came for a pot luck dinner. We all provided our own meat and brought another contribution. It was delicious. We had cucumber salad, pasta salad, funeral potatoes, rolls and strawberry shortcake.

After dinner, Heather began a marathon of beauty treatments. She gave me a perm, dyed Tammy's hair, waxed eyebrows on Chris, me, Summer, and Skip. Shaved Chris's head and trimmed Skip's beard. He has quite a nice goatee. It wasn't a very restful Mother's Day for Heather. She just started estitician school and she loves it. She will be really good at it.

Skip has a diabetic ulcer on the ball of his right foot. I have been doctoring him daily and it is getting some better. The podiatrist gave him a black removable cast so he could go to church because he isn't supposed to walk on it. It is just one more rock in our backpack.

2 comments:

Stormi Winscot said...

Mom, way to conform to the blogging world!!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful mother's day. It sounds like Heather was extremely busy, but I can see her all in smiles whiling beautifying the family. I hope dad's foot begins to heal a little bit more now that the podiatrist has given him more implements to improve the condition. Hopefully your load will be lightened soon! We love you! Parker still asks everyday if he can come to your house!

Summer said...

Mom CONGRATULATIONS!!! You figured it out. Mother's day was very nice, I enjoyed it a lot. We came by to visit last night but you were at the bank!! Cameron will probably ride his bike over there again tonight. He only wanted to see you and only gave dad a hug when I made him :)